Download instructions for EVMS licensed as well as the most often recommended free or low cost medical applications are included below. Please let us know if you would like us to consider additional mobile applications for inclusion on this page.
Note: The mobile versions for many of our licensed resources require you to first register on the online version of the resource and create a free account. Links to the online versions are included for those resources.
Clinical Point of Care/ Decision Support
- Academic Medical Journals A list with download links from iMedicalApp (May 2012)
- CINAHL (and other EBSCOhost resources) No download needed. Automatically directs to mobile interface
- PubMed Mobile Mobile interface to PubMed
- Read by QxMD Keep up with new medical & scientific research and search PubMed (Click on Settings "gear" to add EVMS as your institution)
- AccessMedicine Includes Quick Medical Dx & Rx,Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas of Clinical Dermatology, Diagnosaurus (Differential Diagnosis Tool) and Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests. Before installing the app, use the desktop version of AccessMedicine and register for a free My Access account by clicking on the Eastern Virginia Medical Schoolbutton (top right corner).
- ClinicalKey EVMS online resource
- STAT!RefIncludes access to ACP clinical databases as well textbooks including Redbook
Patient Care/ Education
- First Aid American Red Cross app covering the most common first aid emergencies
- Evernote "Remember everything." Create, clip, sync and search notes, media, etc.
- Feedly RSS feeds (good replacement for defunct Google Reader)
Social Networking apps for licensed health care professionals